We Warmly Welcome You!
Presently, there are 30,000 Delawareans who suffer from brain disorders (mental illness). Great strides have been made in successfully identifying and treating these brain disorders and in eliminating the stigma that keeps people from getting the help and respect they need. NAMI Delaware (National Alliance on Mental Illness in Delaware) welcomes you! We are an inclusive environment that embraces diversity.
Please complete the volunteer application form and mail it to:
Director of Advocacy and Outreach
2400 W 4th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
Find out more about us and how you can help. Volunteer opportunities abound! We are always in need of:
- Board of Directors
- Days of Caring Projects (Group projects with our Housing Team)
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Health Fairs and Exhibitions
- HelpLine Information and Referral Specialist
- Mentoring or Educational Assistance in our Consumer Support Services area
- Monitoring at Delaware Psychiatric Center
- NAMI Delaware Walks
- Office Help
- Property Inspectors and Property Upkeep
- Public Policy and Legislative Activities
- Public Speaking and Education
- Special Event Planning
- Tenant Moving Assistance
For additional information, please contact Chuck Tarver, Director of Advocacy and Outreach, who coordinates the volunteer program at (302) 427-0787 or at email@example.com.